Satisfying Customers for Over 40 Years!
Copyright © 2018/ by New Horizon Tours · All Rights reserved · CST# 2031736-40
Copyright © 2017 by New Horizon Tours · All Rights reserved · CST# 2031736-40
Northern Lights Exploration
October 1 - October 9, 2018
Single supplement: add $810.00
This Northern Lights Exploration trip is designed to include the highlights of Iceland and aim to maximize the chances of seeing the elusive Northern Lights. In addition to a seven night stay with breakfast, this program includes our special six night Northern Lights Academy, a combination of evening presentations, lectures, film and guided lookouts for the Aurora Borealis - the Northern Lights. Experience Icelandic winter as good as it gets. Head to the countryside: from the regions of Snæfellsnes Peninsula in the west to the Vatnajökull glacier in the southeast. Profit to search for the Aurora Borealis away from the big city lights. By combining daytime sightseeing with night-time Northern Lights seeking, this tour offers the perfect package to gain an insight into the many wonders of Iceland.
Temperature Range in Oct. is between 32 and 41 F
Highlights and Experiences:
* Climb a volcano crater and walk between two continental tectonic plates
* Visit a traditional shark farmer, turf farmsteads and churches
* Relax in the Blue Lagoon and learn about living next to Eyjafjallajökull volcano
* See Icelandic horses, taste freshly baked hot spring bread and enjoy a fjord cruise
* Six evenings Northern Lights Academy
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
To confirm a reservation a $250 deposit is required. A second payment of $400 is due June.15, 2018. Final payment is due Aug.15, 2018. Cancellations prior to May 15 will be charged $100. Cancellations from May 15 to Aug.14 will be charged $300, cancellations from Aug.15, 2018 to Aug.31,2018 will be charged $1,000 and cancellations after Aug.31,2018 will have no refund unless a replacement is found. Name change fee on tickets is $150.
There is a $15.00 charge for all returned checks. We recommend trip cancellation insurance.
TRIP PRICE INCLUDES:
DOES NOT INCLUDE:• Extra costs for lunch and dinner - lunch approx $24 and dinner at hotels around $52
* Roundtrip airfare from LAX to Reykjavik on Delta Airlines (all airline taxes)
* Roundtrip bus transfers from airport to hotel
* Seven nights double occupancy
* After arrival a visit to the museum Viking World and breakfast
* Daily breakfast
* Fully escorted 6-day bus tour with English-speaking guide
* 7-nights accommodation in comfort tourist-class hotels
* Fjord Cruise on Breiðafjörður fjord including light lunch (day 3)
* Visit to traditional shark curing farm (day 3)
* Hot Spring Tasting with geothermally cooked bread and eggs (day 4)
* Visit to Icelandic horse stables & geothermal greenhouse (day 4)
* Visit to multimedia presentation at Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Information Center (day 5 or 7)
* Entrance fee to Skógar folk museum and turf houses (day 5)
* Entrance with towel at Blue Lagoon (day 7)
* 3-course farewell dinner at the panoramic pearl restaurant (day 7) + i weather conditions are good, followed by last northern lights tour.
* Northern Lights Academy program during 6 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film, guided Northern Lights searches and midnight refreshments
* Use of winter & Northern Lights Explorer equipment: simple non-slip snow & ice grippers spikes for shoes and a flashlight that is helpful when walking in the dark and operating your photo camera at night