Satisfying Customers for Over 40 Years!
Copyright © 2018/ by New Horizon Tours · All Rights reserved · CST# 2031736-40
New Horizon Tours
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF UGANDA
with Services by Abercrombie & Kent Destination Management
UGANDA GORILLA TREKKING AND MORE
March 7 - March 17, 2018
Ground price of $5,649.00
International air not included at this time. Will have air price by May 1.
Gorilla and chimp permits must be bought ASAP see details below.
Uganda’s natural beauty led Winston Churchill to refer to her as the ‘Pearl of Africa’, and this wonderful nickname has stuck. The habitat in Uganda is diverse and boasts a mixture of forests, lakes, plains and mountains. Uganda is famous for its primate species, including the chimpanzee and the over half of the endangered mountain gorilla left in the world at Bwindi. The country has amazing biological diversity with over 1000 bird species, over 80 species of small mammals, amphibians and reptiles, many of them endemic to Uganda. For example, the Uganda Kob, an antelope similar to the impala, is only found in Uganda and parts of the Congo.
With New Horizon Tours and our Abercrombie & Kent Uganda team as ground partners, we will show you that Winston Churchill was not wrong, that Uganda really is a pearl well worth exploring.
This itinerary encapsulates all that makes Uganda amazing. We start with a visit to the Kibale Forest where canopy reverberates to the deep bass of the chimpanzees as they chase each other through the trees. On to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda’s largest, and home to the tree climbing lions of Ishasha. At the end of the safari we visit the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, probably the best name for any national park, for a chance to see the endangered mountain gorillas. Nothing can compare to seeing these wonderful “cousins” in their own habitat as they feed and care for each other. A true highlight to end our safari.
• Ground price includes:$5,649.00 (International air not included at this time.)
• For single supplement add $1,199.00
• Air price to be known by end of April.
• Roundtrip air - : LAX to Entebbe TBA
• Domestic flight from Entebbe Kasese airfield near Kibale Park
• Domestic flight from Kihihi to Entebbe. Kihihi airfield is near Bwindi National Park about 1 hr 30 min drive to Gorilla Forest Camp.
• Accommodations (A&K gold star properties) based on double occupancy and meals as in itinerary
• Park fees & activities: game drives, swamp walk in Kibale National Park, crater walk in Kibale & community walk (Batwa)
• Kibale chimp trekking $150
• One Gorilla permit $600 each person for one day (min age for trekking is 15) You have the option of purchasing a second permit for $600
• One liter of water per person per day.
• English speaking drivers/guide.
• A second day of Gorilla trekking for a $600 permit
• Entry Visa of $50 - https://visas.immigration.go.ug.
On July 1, 2016, Uganda launched a new visa application system.
• Vaccinations required - Yellow Fever
Lake Victoria Sunset Cruise - Lake Victoria, Entebbe
Enjoy a sunset cruise in the waters of beautiful Lake Victoria.
Depart late afternoon and leisurely cruise towards the equator and around the lake’s many local islands with complimentary drinks and light hor d’ouvres as you watch the sun set over the horizon
$39 per person with a minimum fee of $195 per speedboat.
OTHER OPTIONAL TOURS FOR THOSE NOT DOING A SECOND GORILLA TREK - SEE ITINERARY FOR DETAILS:
The Batwa Experience ($100)
Community/Village Walk ($70)
Forest Walk ($70)
OPTIONAL ETHIOPIAN EXTENSION - ADDIS ABABA
March 17 - March 20, 2018 - $529 for 9; lower if 10+
Ethiopian extension Itinerary